Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rhino on Covert Affairs (Read 705 times)
Mike W
YaBB Administrator

Political Consultant &
Writer, NRA Instructor,
RSO

Richmond Virginia
Rhino on Covert Affairs
Sep 14th, 2012 at 9:59pm

I'm sure many of you share the same mental disorder (
at least I hope I am not alone
).  It drives my wife crazy.  When we watch a TV show or movie, I will identify the guns I see and call "foul" when I see dangerous gun handling or hear simply bad or BS guns and ammo dialog. Like when the cops are looking at the bullet holes in a dead body lying in an alley and definitively declare, on the spot, it was a 9mm.

But over the past year I have grown to enjoy the spy show "Covert Affairs" on USA network.  It is escapist fare with no serious attempt at realism.  There is very little gunplay on the show and the main character, Annie, very rarely uses a gun.  This past week she drew down on a bad guy and instead of her gun being a Glock or a Beretta 92 or a small Sig or Walther.....she drew a hard chrome 2",.357 Chiappa Rhino.  Maybe some of you have seen a Rhino featured on a TV show, but I had not. 

I'm not going anywhere, really, with this post.  I just thought it was interesting to see a very unusual gun being used in a TV series not known for it's regular gunplay and gun fight scenes.

Rhino.jpg (30 KB | 57 )
Rhino.jpg

Better to have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it.

IP Logged

RickO
Master Member

Ridge Runner

Saugerties, NY
Re: Rhino on Covert Affairs
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:05pm

That is the first I have heard of one on TV Mike... and yes, my wife also gets upset when I 'comment' on TV or movie 'errors' dealing with firearms or ammunition.."It's only a movie."....

NRA Benefactor Member
LFI 1,2,3, Survival Tactics, Judicial Use of Deadly Force Instructor, Stressfire Instructor. THT Instructor
intellisleuth  
IP Logged

friar tuck
Master Member

Luke 22:36

MA
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 9:39am

It's funny; I also saw her pull a Rhino and I was so surprised I stopped the action, and pointed it out to my wife along with why the barrel is fed from the lower chamber rather than the upper.

Member NRA, USCCA, GOAL

IP Logged

TexasGal
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 3:22pm

At my house, it's me who backs up the DVR all the time to look more closely at the guns, gear, and training (usually the lack of) Grin

It drives me nuts when people run around with their fingers on the trigger and/or holding them with an improper grip  Roll Eyes  My family is remarkably tolerant of me considering we rarely get all the way through a show without a comment from the critic  Grin

IP Logged

Forever Man

Lifelong Learner

Norwalk, OH
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 11:04pm

I've always been a geek of some sort or other. I became a loose leaf tea geek a few years ago and wrote a tea blog for a year. Now I'm working on becoming a gun geek. I like to try to identify the many guns that are waved around on TV. Most of them are Glocks. No challenge there. But I squealed like a schoolgirl when I saw Annie pull the Rhino last week. Distinctive, but esoteric. Caught me totally by surprise.

Forever Man

Springfield XD-40
Beretta Px4 9mm compact
Ruger SR9c, LC9, and SR22
S&W 22A
Mossberg 20-gauge

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print