Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advanced Pistol Course in CT (Read 1773 times)
Roger47

Proud Firearm Supporter

Connecticut
Advanced Pistol Course in CT
Mar 19th, 2010 at 11:55pm

Good evening.  Is anyone aware of any advanced pistol training courses in Connecticut?  I've searched the web but everything in CT seems to be basic pistol.

Roger47
usatraveler42@yahoo.com

IP Logged

bpinct

Proud Firearm Supporter

Re: Advanced Pistol Course in CT
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 10:28am

engel017,
Have you tried Bridgeport Shooting Range? They seem pretty good at just about all classes.

bridgeportshootingrange.com

IP Logged

NYCNoob

Proud Firearm Supporter

Brooklyn NY
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 8:52pm

What are you hoping to get out of an Advanced pistol course?
Faster times? Accurate shooting? Tactics?

I think that most of the advanced courses are taught by traveling "brand name" instructors. Louis Awerbuck, John Farnam etc.

Also have a look at the Smith and Wesson academy they have all sorts of courses, its not exactly CT but it is close.

IP Logged

Orive 8

Proud Firearm Supporter

Mt. Lebanon, PA
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 10:18am

I am signed up for a defensive pistol class with Scott Reitz, ITTS this October. The class is titled Intermediate Handgun Class and is located in Pelham, NH. (I think that you are not to far away, I'm coming from Pittsburgh Wink )

You can read about Mr. Reitz and ITTS here: http://www.internationaltactical.com/instructorbio.asp?IID=2

I have trained with some of the best instructors/schools in the US during the last 25 years and Mr. Reitz has been on my very short list of those that I want to train with during the last 3 4 years.

Good luck with your search.

Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

IP Logged

DRF Tactical

Proud Firearm Supporter

Colchester, CT
Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 2:24pm

Hi,

I have started a new training company here in CT and will be offering defensive pistol and rifle classes starting in Spring 2011.

I am a NRA Instructor and Range Safety Officer who has travelled extensively to train with some of the best in the business. 

The pistol class is my own program, with components from some of the classes I have attended.

Since I am also a Suarez International Staff Instructor, the rifle program is their Fighting Rifle Skills and will be administered through them but held in CT.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print